Saturday, June 15, 2013

Promise of Possibility

A few years ago, my husband was stationed for a year in South Korea. My son and I were not allowed to follow him due to the nature of the assignment. However, I knew that the task and distance would present a possibility for us to grow. It is a true statement that Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Yet, that year I really learned more about appreciation, humility, and found my personal inner strength. 


My husband with ROK soldier at the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
 During this time, I found myself reading much more than usual. I was fascinated with Greek history at the time and began reading Aesop tales. They were perfect bedtime stories for our son and contributed to much discussion.  In 2011, while on Facebook, I met Thomas Bähler. Tom had posted about his new book Anything is Possible,- A Tale of Aesop. We became friends and I was totally captivated by his novel, not knowing his musical talent nor his celebrity status.


Thomas Bähler picture taken by Steve Nicholson



In true Ginger Dawn fashion, I joked with him. Yet, I also would challenge him to write about personal stories. Still oblivious as to who Tom was, I entered a contest about Aesop that he was hosting and won. My prize was the most beautiful song sung by him. I am sure he had a chuckle after I told him that he should have a career in music. However, even when I did find out that he did actually have a background in music, it reminded me of how much he was like Aesop: a man of profound lessons, inspiration, and humility. It is an honor to raise my glass to Thomas Bahler and to his novel, Anything is Possible.  My review of his novel honestly can't even begin to describe what a profound book that he has created.


Anything is Possible is a thought-provoking exploration of Freedom, it will inspire anyone who has ever dreamed of a better life.    — Quincy Jones


Enjoy this amazing video about Thomas Bahler, who truly exemplifies that anything is possible!


Bähler
Thomas Bähler
Æsop
ÆsopV
Æsop
ÆsopV

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...