Saturday, May 30, 2015

Stained Glass

 "People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

My First Window "Dawn" by Ginger Dawn Harman

 My personal journey with stained glass came at a time when I was putting broken pieces of my life together. I had several friendships that had ended, stopped all contact with my biological family, dealt with many other difficult personal situations. I was very low and left all social media as some of you might remember.

Window made for Pam Kruger

One day, I walked into a Old Town Stained Glass and decided why not I will sign up for a class. With each piece of glass that I cut, grind, foiled, and soldered, I gained a new perspective in life. 

Big Eye! A New Perspective!

Moreover, it provided me an opportunity to see my own potential for color, sparkle, and great purpose through my broken past. Here are my first three windows, slumped wine bottles, and a funny Cuckoo Bird.
Boldly Going where no Stained Glass has gone before!

 

 I really enjoy making Slump bottles also. They make a nice cheese tray and fun gift. 
A slumped bottle that I made for Linda Mary

A Bottle for Pam and Bob

This one was for Poppie!
For Kim and Edgar



















 


Working with wire on a colorful bottle can add a bit of color to any window. We tend to reproach ourselves for staring out of the window or looking through others. yet, the greatest beauty is like Mrs. Kubler-Ross said, "Revealing" the light from within.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...