Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Visit From Miss Perception


 "Miss" Perception 

 

Today, I am pondering perception. Yes, since 5:00 AM, I have been thinking about this topic. For those that know me real well, this is no surprise. Anyways, I am trying to understand this woman inside of me, you know her and she might even be inside of you! "Miss Perception" is her name. 




I have a friend that has been trying to teach me this but I tend to muck things up at times. Yet, I think I finally understand. It might take me a while but like any wisdom, relationship, or growth the best things happen slowly over time with a bit of care, respect, and all that other stuff. Here is a great quote.

"Our perceptions are conditioned; one of the great misconceptions that many of us carry through our lives is that our perceptions of ourselves and of the world are basically accurate. This misconception, that our perception represents some absolute reality, is the cause of tremendous suffering both globally and on a personal level."

– Joseph Goldstein,  The Four Foundations of Mindfulness

My final thought is don't be afraid to examine your perceptions.
The way we see our life today is through a filter of our experiences, beliefs, and patterns.


"U" can even perceive how words are to be correctly spell!


Some perspectives are conscious and some are unconscious.
The interesting thing is that unconscious beliefs can "colour" our life expressions without us being aware they exist.

Once we accept that our “reality” is based on our perceptions, perhaps we can accept that other folks’ reality is based on their perceptions, not ours. So we can accept that we are not necessarily right and they are not necessarily wrong. 


"No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit."

Ansel Adams

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...