Thursday, June 4, 2015

Chamomile and Creativity

Chamomile and Creativity



Today, it rained.  I decided to have a several cups of Chamomile tea that I harvested from my garden. I am getting over a bit of a cold and it was just what I needed.

Chamomile - which can also be spelled 'camomile' - is a daisy-like herb renowned in folk and traditional medicine for its health, cosmetic, and nutritional benefits. 


If you've been feeling anxious, stressed, or have a cold, you may find soothing relief in a cup of chamomile tea. Steep a cup, and inhale its wonderful fragrance for some beneficial aromatherapy, and then feel your anxiety and worry melt away as you sip this delicious brew.

As you can imagine, I was ready to create some art. My first art journal was inspired by a thought of how often one can dwell on the past. Our emotions can become a dragon at times and we often guard our vulnerabilities. This can manifest in personal secrets. It can be an amazing release to let go of those old coveted beliefs and expand or open our treasure chest to new possibilities.  

She saw the old and did not dwell. It is time to discover new treasure.



My second journal entry for the day was inspired by a quote by T.S. Eliot. 

“I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting. Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought: So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.”  




I pondered this quote for a rather long time and it's meaning. I can sum it up in one word. "Allow"  We must allow ourselves to be still and be in the present moment of any emotion. This is more of a cognitive process than an emotion, that we can make a conscious effort to develop awareness. When we embrace the awareness... 

"the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...