Friday, July 3, 2015

FarmGirl Friday Post Six: Getting Stuck


Getting Stuck

FarmGirl Friday Post Six 


Our Good Friend Chaz stuck in the Chicken Coop!

Well, here we are another Friday and all sorts of things are going on. A bunch of things have been changing in my life this past year and I feel a bit stuck at times. Almost unsure what to do. Yet, I remember the wonderful words…


“When you become comfortable with uncertainty, infinite possibilities open up in your life.” ~Eckhart Tolle


Yes, new opportunities are opening up in my life. I received an author contract yesterday in the mail for my first published short story, I am using my voice for the first time, I am trying new things, and healthy friendships are developing. So where am I stuck? Hanging head now, my third attempt at the digital detox! Silly, I have attended weekend silent meditation retreats. Silly how I have not achieved what seems so easy. Yet, I am determined to not get stuck with this badge! Truth is we all get stuck at one time or another. 



Cynthia's New Book!



My Farmgirl Sisterhood Friend Cynthia Arent’s (#6454) husband was stuck too! In the chicken coop! We are all learning and it is great to find humor in any part of daily living! 








This is the lesson that Chaz learned in his own words! 

The Chicken Coop at the Arent Home

Lesson #1: the coop door has an automatic latch and the little squares are too tiny to get my fingers through to unlatch it... I had to make adjustments inside the coop which requires crawling into it, and of course, the curious chickens automatically think it's a good idea to see what's outside the door so I had to close it. As soon as I heard the "click", I knew I was in trouble.

Lesson #2: Cynthia won't be of immediate assistance if something like this ever happens again. I laid out there for about 5 minutes watching for Cyndie to look out the kitchen window! LOL!



Feeling stuck is very distressing, and it can often make a situation feel even more difficult than it appears to be. Even if it is in the chicken coop for five minutes or having a wife who sticks things in your beard being stuck is no fun! Yet, when gaining that freedom you realize that it was there all the time. It is all in our attitude or perspective. 



“Everything can be taken from a man but one last thing: the last of human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”

~Viktor E. Frankle, Man’s Search for Meaning


It is fun to stick things in my husband's beard!
My advice… if you are a bit stuck take time to become aware of the situation. Allow the emotions to arise while being curious at the challenge. Find humor and be light. Oh and if things get a bit overwhelming, do not be afraid to share with your support systems. Most important, do not give up! 

No matter what kind of limitations you are facing in your life, remember that there is one thing that others can’t take away from you, and that is the ability to dream and create a grand vision for your life. The best part of all is that you have the power to choose! 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...