Friday, August 14, 2015

My Farmgirl Friendship with Sybil



My Farmgirl Friendship with Sybil

Farmgirl Sisterhood Post 12




Sybil Ansley has posted a new message on Facebook. One can always expect a cheerful good morning and “WHAT YALL FIXIN TO EAT?” post from Sybil. Her husband, Mr. Harry makes the best “biscuits and taters.” The other night she posted, “COOKED SUPPER TONIGHT WE HAD TATER SALAD PORK BEANS AND SLICED MATER IT WAS REALLY GOOD I GOT FULL” Her post filled me up too. Sometimes they even make me laugh! 


Mr. Harry’s birthday was celebrated this week and she made sure to spank him 64 times. It was a joy to read all the messages and excitement as Sybil shared the day with her many fans. I do not know what it is about her but she warms you up like sunshine on a cold day. Sybil has such a beautiful way with words and she connects with her heart. Her unique and often bold style of writing is done in all capital letters.  Everyone is responded to with a hug or a thank you. This is evident In her photo album, Sybil always has her arms around a friend or family member.  







I really appreciate the simple common sense advice she often gives out. Many open up to Sybil. I too find myself telling Sybil simple confessions like the time the fire department responded to my home when I burned the chicken for dinner. Just yesterday I was feeling a bit sorry for myself because I ended a friendship. It had been coming for some time. We were simply not getting along. Well, I saw a popped up message from Sybil, “TIME TO GET UP MICKEY AND START YOUR DAY.” It was a lion named Mickey yawning. 








We had this conversation:




Ginger Dawn Harman: Good morning Sybil and Harry!



Sybil Ansley: GOOD morning Ginger Dawn Harman MY sweet friend


Ginger Dawn Harman: Sybil Ansley, I am about to write my blog post. Do you mind if I write about you and Harry? Which pictures do you like best of you and Harry and I will definitely use that picture of you in the laundry cart!

Ginger Dawn Harman: Please Sybil Ansley. You are so special and I want to share about you!


Sybil Ansley: That's fine GINGER just pick the picture of us that you like the best and yes you can do that one of me in the buggy at the laundry mat also thank you for doing that my friend

Ginger Dawn Harman: Oh so excited.... Going to write it now after I make me another coffee. You are a high energy you know!

Sybil Ansley: THANK YOU for being my friend Ginger Dawn Harman and wanting to do things for me

Ginger Dawn Harman: Oh Sybil Ansley.. go reread your post from all your friends. You have huge support and many that care about you!


Sybil Ansley: YES I KNOW I DO AND I LOVE EVERYONE ALSO I TRY TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE CAUSE I LOVE TO HAVE FRIENDS GINGER

Ginger Dawn Harman: That is a very good thing to get along with everyone
I am not good at that.

Sybil Ansley: IT'S LIKE MY SON STEVE ALWAYS SAID IF YOU DON'T GET ALONG WITH ME IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT AND THAT'S THE WAY I FEEL ALSO GINGER

Sybil and her best friend, her momma! 


Yes, Sybil is right, if you don’t get along with me that is your own fault

I do care for my quirky little red-head named Sybil. I was heartbroken when I heard she had a stroke last year. Many get-well wishes were posted as Mr. Harry would give updates on Sybil’s Facebook page. But let me tell you…. Sybil is one hell of a strong woman! I know it was sad for her when she had to leave her favorite job at The Wash Pot and move closer to family in Toccoa, Georgia. However, I am happy to report Sybil is doing fantastic!  Like I said above,  







You are so special and I want to share about you.”



Sybil you’re a good friend and it doesn’t matter if we have ever met in person because just like all us gals with Mary Janes’s Farmgirl Sisterhood, it is about sharing and connections. Sybil, you are brilliant at this and set a good example of what friendship means! Therefore, I am welcoming the newest Mary Jane’s Farmgirl Sister, Sybil Ansley! 



P.S. Yes Sybil I bought you a membership! A package will arrive in the mail soon! Oh And Thank you for being my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...