Sunday, September 13, 2015

September Yellow

Walking in September's Yellow

 


I  enjoyed a lovely walk in the golden yellows of September. Capturing this beauty is rather difficult to put into words. So I will rely on those who came before me. I hope you enjoy these photos that I was able to capture with my camera. 


 "But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness.  The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head ... The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on."
-  Robert Finch  





"Each flower is a soul opening out to nature." 
-  Gerald De Nerval


"I will be the gladdest thing under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one."
-  Edna St. Vincent Millay    




“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
Gautama Buddha


"I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we're all teachers - if we're willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door."
Marla Gibbs





 





The Cow
by Robert Louis Stevenson


The friendly cow all red and white,
I love with all my heart:
She gives me cream with all her might,

To eat with apple-tart.

She wanders lowing here and there,
And yet she cannot stray,
All in the pleasant open air,


The pleasant light of day;

And blown by all the winds that pass
And wet with all the showers,
She walks among the meadow grass
And eats the meadow flowers.








"The goldenrod is yellow
The corn is turning brown
The trees in apple orchards
With fruit are bending down."
-  Childrens song  




"Crown'd with the sickle, and the sheaten sheaf,
While Autumn, nodding o'er the yellow plain,
Comes jovial on."
-   James Thomson, Autumn, 1730




"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer."
-   Helen Hunt Jackson, September, 1830-1885 

Thank you so much for visiting and I would love to hear below some of your favorite September memories and traditions! 

Ginger Dawn




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...