Monday, September 21, 2015

What An Apple Crock!



Crock Pot Apple Jelly Meatballs




It is still Apple week!  … the perfect way to kick off Fall with all sorts of yummy treats and an apple craft of some sort.  I have shared my trip to the local apple orchard and my first attempt at apple jelly and jam. Today, I’ve got a savory apple recipe to make in your crock pot! 




Truth time….. My apple jelly came out runny. I followed the directions to a “T.” However, it didn’t set. No problem, here is a savory recipe that I found on YouTube. 



Add all of the following to your crock pot:



  • One bags (about 25 oz.) of frozen meatballs – beef, turkey, Italian, take your pick
  • One jar of apple jelly (runny or set)
  • One 12 oz. jar of chili sauce

Simmer on low for about 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally, until the jelly, chili sauce and meatballs are completely mixed together and the meatballs are tender and hot in the center. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your crock pot.

 
These are so yummy … just a smidge of sweetness from the jelly and a spicy kick from the chili sauce.  Stick six meatballs in a toasted sub roll, over noodles, or stick them with a toothpick as an easy breezy appetizer!



We had this as our meal Friday night. Today when I woke up, guess what! All those Apple Jelly jars were set! Hmmmmm, I think I might have been a bit impatient. This will be a great mindful goal for me this week. 




I hope you enjoy the apple meatballs. Do you have a favorite apple dish? Please comment below and leave a link to your blog or website.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...