Time to Decorate Those Blog for Christmas!
How to Decorate a Blogspot
Blogspot, also known as Blogger, is a free blogging platform offered by Google. It primarily focuses on options and preferences novice Web designers can modify without any programming skills. As a result, you can decorate your blog with a variety of add-ons that include games, applications, backgrounds and more. You may add such applets through the "Design" option, a link located toward the top-right portion of your blog's homepage.
- Click to launch the "Template Designer" section from the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the category you wish to configure from the navigation pane present, such as the Templates and the Background sections. These possess a wide variety of layouts and wallpapers you can use to decorate your blog.
- Click the desired entry from the list of available choices, which you may view through the preview pane available for your reference. Select one that best suits your blog's overall theme. For example, a nature-related blog could contain a relatively clear layout with a background related to landscapes.
- Press the "Apply to Blog" button from the top-right portion to save your selected options.
- Click the "Add a Gadget" option to open a gallery of add-ons readily available for your blog. This essentially helps you add more content, appeal and variety.
- Perform a search for the gadget you wish to implement, depending on your blog's main theme. For example, a search for "cars" delivers a list of gadgets such as car pictures, car-related news and more.
- Click the gadget you wish to use on your blog to launch its main settings page. Modify the gadget's title and any other option available as you see fit. Click "Save" to apply it to your blog.
- Click "Edit" within the Navbar section to decorate your blog with your own logo. This option allows you to upload a logo from your computer or retrieve it from a specified URL.
- Click "Browse" to upload a new image from your existing pictures library, or input a Web address into the "From the Web" field. If opting for a Web-based header, ensure the URL points to the exact location where the image is stored. An example of this might be Http://www.Mysite.com/Image.jpg.
- Select the "Shrink to Fit" check-box to ensure the header fits your blog's template. Click "Save" to apply the new header to your blog successfully.