Monday, January 4, 2016

I Love Dolly's Cooking!



I stole a New Year’s Kiss from Dolly
And Oh Boy did I like it! 


 

On New Year ’s Day, I decided to bake some cookies. However, I wanted to treat my family to something new and different. I haven’t had much luck with peanut butter kiss cookies in the past. 

Most of the time they turn out dry or gritty. However, I have a Maryjane’s Farmgirl blogging friend named Dolly who is my "go to girl" for cooking!  I found her at Girlgab.com




Dolly loves to cook and can remember her Mama teaching her as soon as she could reach the stove.  The recipes featured on her website “Dolly Is Cooking” are very near and dear to her heart.  They are from her rural South Carolina family recipes.  Some handed down through four generations.


I added cherries to 24 of the cookies.

Well, let me tell you that her Peanut butter cherry chocolate kisses were not only the smoothest cookie ever but now a family favorite! I hope you enjoy them as much as our family did. Oh and I guess a stolen kiss is like getting your hand caught in the cookie jar! But Dolly has no idea that I am blogging about her so I have not been caught.....YET.

This recipe makes approximately 70 cookies.  Adjust to your needed quantity.  

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees



Ingredients



3 cups peanut butter

3 cups sugar

3 eggs

1/8 tsp. salt

1/2 -1 Tsp. Almond Extract

Hershey's Kisses

Optional maraschino cherries

Instructions



Unwrap candy kisses.

Place all ingredients into stand mixer bowl. Mix thoroughly.  

Using a tsp or 1- 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop make little balls place on very lightly oiled cookie sheet.

Bake 8 - 10 minutes.


These were so easy to make and the combination of ingredients is amazing! I hope you try these cookies and check out Dolly's blog




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...