Friday, February 12, 2016

I feel Spätzle

 Guess who is Spätzle?
 

My husband is one heck of a cook. I am very fond of his Italian but when he wants to make German, it is a special event. My husband lived in Germany for a short time and our family has traveled to Bavaria. The food is fantastic in the Garmisch area. One of my favorite dishes is Spätzle. 

 
So if you’ve never had Spätzle before, you are in for an amazing treat. The first time I tried it I had no idea what to expect. I don’t think I realized that it was a pasta, the wonderful firm texture really surprised me. Spätzle is similar to condensed egg noodles.


Here is the recipe. 



If you HAVE had s Spätzle but have never made it, you are also in for a remarkable delight. Here are some photos of my husband in action. Enjoy









 A Friday Farmgirl Featurehttp://www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com/2016/02/our-simple-homestead-blog-hop-38.html


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...