Monday, April 4, 2016

Letter from Camp: Week One



Letter from Camp Nanowritmo

Week One  

 

 

Dear Readers of my Blog,

It is the first week of Camp Nanowritmo 2016 and I am writing to let you now I am working on my novel. The title of my book is, Gertrude Magnhild Raises the Roof. More on my novel later. About camp.... I have five cabin mates. One is named Mama Lynxx, she hung a picture of a cat with a crocheted hat inside our cabin. She also has a thing for chickens. We also have a cabin mate named Roxianne but she sorta missed the bus and will not arrive until April 7th.  Acmarkz (Tony) has declared himself our leader but he allows us plenty of creative space. He is already coming up with our camp song. We were all happy with the news that Jammie was "shortlist" for the final winner’s selections in an online competition. You can read all about it here. 





I can’t tell you the secret location of our camp but it sure is wild and wonderful. The food has not been as good. Becky usually has bacon and with the kitchen out of order we have had to be a bit more inventive. So far my word count is 21,727.  Of course, I intend on attending all the activities. Oh and I hear we have a rival camp just down the road. I will go on the clandestine mission and infiltrate this week. They are “Sci-fi authors according to news around the campfire! However, a nudist colony is not too far from their location and I don’t want to end up at the wrong camp. Trust me you don’t want to see me in the buff! I hear a bugle. It is time to post my word count. 


Plotting Escape?
Have to go.
Bye…. Ginger Dawn

P.S. Here is a joke  I heard at the camp fire. Told by a horror writer cabin:


Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: ‘Does this taste funny to you?’






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...