Thursday, May 26, 2016

Banana Pudding


Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen

 
Last week our family was invited to a friends Log Cabin on the other side of the mountain. I was really looking forward to this because it was a wonderful opportunity to visit and my son was learning something new. More on that later... 
 
However, I said I would bring a treat in my excitement. Well what the heck was I thinking! We all know, I can't cook, I don't like to cook, and you do not want to eat what I usually cook. Honestly, I once had the fireman show up at my house when I was baking chicken and the house alarm would not go off. I even tried to cover it up by telling the neighbors and my son it was a Homeschool Fire drill. Alas, the smoke and smell gave me away. I wanted to do it right this time! This is what I decided to make! 

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

 
Now before I go into detail, I will admit that there is a good side to being a bad cook. The church never has asked me to bake homemade cinnamon rolls like Linda Mary.  I am asked to bring  drinks or paper goods. This is no stress my reading friends! Oh and the Boy Scouts all love that I bring Costco Surprise every year for the holiday meal. It was a surprise as to what I was going to bring until that day. Now it is a tradition. 
 
So as you can see, I needed help! I do follow lots of other good cooks like Going my own way, Old Fat Guy Cooking, and many others! My blogging friend Dolly at Hibiscus House had a bunch of wonderful recipes and back in April she made Banana Pudding. My friend Dianne also made it so at this point I wanted some so I had to put on my apron and get to work.
 
First I watched the video! 
 
 

 Ingredients
 
That is My Dear Husband.. He is a good tester and funny when I get his humor.

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6 to 8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top. 


 
 
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. 
 
 
 
Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. 
 
 
Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
 
 
 Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. 
 
 
 
 
 Refrigerate until ready to serve.

It was that easy! And I know it was good because we did not bring that much home! There may be hope for me in the kitchen as long as I follow directions! I hope you enjoy this and do you have a favorite dish to take to a gathering? Please share below. Oh the recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen
 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...