Monday, September 26, 2016

Mindful Monday Musing



Forage and Find Freedom in Life this Fall


“All life needs time below the surface, where it can breathe itself full and round, where it can reconnect with its nature and sprout again in its flushed form. Just as you cannot force flowers to continually bloom, the same is true for all human beings. There is great value in letting go and dropping down. We must learn to remember, from time to time, to be like the tree in the winter.” Sarah Blondin



This morning, I had a powerful meditation that was provided by Sarah Bloondin. I have been living a mindful lifestyle and practice meditation on a daily basis. 



I understand that Mindfulness can be confused with religions. Yet, it is a lifestyle much like being a Christian. I do believe in God. Mindfulness is the slowing down and focusing on what matters. I find that my faith and mindful living complement and enhance my life. One of my favorite blogger’s Leotie Lovely expresses this practice best,



In our current state of society, despite all the transformative tools of technology, we have lost touch with time. Our sensitivities to the rhythms which guide us flutter freely just beyond our grasp, their wings unable reach us in the whirlwind daily life so often brings. They hover above and around us, whispering in the winds, awaiting the serene stillness we so often try to escape. Without them, our foundations fail us, eroding at our core, creating cracks which flood full with insecurities, faults and follies, keeping us from our state of greater being. They infuse into our roots, feuding with our serenity and feeding from our joy.”

It is true, we own our joy and each of us has the power to allow or not allow what is in our daily life. Everything is a season. Life is about change. It is in the stillness of meditation, prayer, and slowing down that I become aware. This promotes healthy relationships, healing, and positive energy in my life.

As a little girl, I found sitting in the military base chapel the opposite of my daily life. Going to church was peace. It was the safest place that I knew besides hiding in my closet. I grew up in an unhealthy, unsafe, and negative home environment until I became a ward of the state. I will never forget that day that the social workers removed me from my home. It was a huge change. As each of us know change can be hard but it can also be the best thing that ever happen to us.

Many years later, I heard a sermon given by an U.S. Air Force Chaplin named Jim Smalley. (Yes, I listen to the sermons and I carry many of them in my heart to this day!) During the sermon, Chaplin Smalley taught the passage where Abraham is called out from his home by God, and obeys even though he does not know where he is going. Abraham was wealthy, he was living the content daily rhythm of life. Yet, in one moment everything changed. Sometimes God calls on us to make these kinds of changes. We may have to break away from certain friendships, change our perception or attitudes, leave a job, or learn to forgive and let go. 


"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going."
Hebrews 11:8
 



Other times, events like the flood or the tower of Babel bring about change in the world that has an impact on everybody. Countries go to war, illness, loss of employment, or death of a loved one can happen at any moment.  Nevertheless, change can be difficult. Yet, life is a season. As difficult as it is, we must embrace change in order to evolve. Much like the trees that bud, change their color, and then drop their leaves. Every season of the tree has a beauty! Change truly is a season of a beautiful life. I encourage you fall into whatever circumstance that you facing and forge it with mindfulness. Here is to a beautiful life and celebrating a new season!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...