Friday, January 6, 2017

It's 2017


Happy New Year Yall



Here we are with my first post of the year and I am posting a picture of me from my bathroom. Lord have mercy! Actually, I took this photo in a quick rush before I picked my son up from school to send to Linda Mary. I just had my hair cut and Linda wanted to know how it looked. And since I am one of those people that don’t like to have my picture posted, I decided to just get it over with for the year.
 
I hope everyone had a great holiday and is excited about the New Year! I know I am. Then again I am one of those people who embrace each moment as new. On New Year’s Day, I spent the day crafting and getting my Zen on with my 2017 Zentangle. Since this year is the Year of the Rooster, I decided to use that and inspiration from my husband’s travels to South Korea. Oh and I added a bit of Feng Shui with three stripes in two of the corners. 


I have been also enjoying catching up with many blogging friends and meeting a few new bloggers like Laura who I met from Wendi’s blog. Isn’t wonderful when you can meet like minded people and they love to read! Please check out the many blogs listed on the side of this post! I learn so much from each of these amazing people and it is such a honor to share them! Oh and after reading all their inspirational post on goals and gratitude. I must tell you, that it is so refreshing to read positive and hopeful blogs as we all continue on our individual journeys! 

What happen when you eat too much over the holidays!
Now, I have some major shocking news! Are you ready? I joined a gym! Yep, I received permission and encouragement from my Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine doctor, and well my jeans! I am really looking forward to starting water aerobics and mindful yoga. Right now, I have to slow into many of the programs that are provided at the Health and Wellness Center. I must admit that I feel a bit like at kid in the candy store. My goodness they even class called “Tai Chi Wake Up Call!”

The Health and Wellness Center

 My second big news is that I will not be purchasing any books this year! I am sure some of you are like… What? No Way! The truth is, my library is full of books that I have not read and I can say the same for my Kindle. Now, I will be visiting my local library. I have already checked out three books that I couldn’t wait for. This will be a bit of a challenge to not purchase any books but I do not want to get into the stockpile book habit of good reading intentions that are not accomplished.

A sneak peak at an upcoming project!
 
I really look forward to connecting with each of you and please feel free to comment, follow, email, and leave the name of your blog so we can all visit. I could go on with all the journals, crafts, devotions, and MaryJane Farmgirl Merit badges that I am working on but hey we got a whole year to share that. Wishing everyone lots of joy and Blessings!

P.S. Are any of you guilty of taking a selfie in the bathroom? Hmm..  Better not answer that! King George V did say... 

"Always go to the bathroom when you have a chance."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...