Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Joy

Monthly Update


What A Month! I hope everyone had a great January! I have been creating a bit in my stained glass studio in our basement. I thought I would share what has been made this month. The above Texas flag window was made for my dearest friend Pam that is having an auction in San Antonio, Texas. I really like how the bevels frame the flag and how the star pops! 


I have seen several artist use antique glass plates in windows and I thought I too would give this a try. I hope to sell this window but I need to create a shop. My favorite part about this window is the use of textured glass.

 

I also made this cross pattern. I hope to make a cross for each month of the year. I did learn that I need to use a smaller bit on my glass grinder and I also learned that soldering glass stones can be difficult! However, I think this turned out ok. I like the complimentary cool colors.



In my second attempt, I decided to try and put the colored stones inside the cross. Again, I hope to purchase a smaller grinder bit so that the cross doesn't look so wonky. However, who doesn't have a bit of bent cross that they carry? After all, I am not perfect are you? It is hard to believe that I have been doing stained glass for two years now. I really do enjoy this art form. 


Alas, I did have cookie fail! I am afraid that I will not be winning the Pillsbury Cook-off again this year.  No worries, I have many wonderful bloggers that are helping me learn to become a better cook. 


My pen pals have been written to and nothing is better than a personal letter from a friend. Do you have a pen pal or wish to have one?



Oh and I had a photograph by Shelia Bolt Rudesill framed. I traded her with one of my watercolor that I painted. 


My Cat loves to sit in my lap when I read my daily devotional.

I did accomplishment many things this month and am proud of myself for having diligence. I have used my voice, tried new things, and made some great connections. Being a survivor of long term childhood and teenage trauma can be difficult. Like the pieces of broken glass, each part is becoming whole with a solder of love, healing, and awareness. I know that I am valuable AND I am overcoming painful memories while embracing much love and joy. 



I like this bible verse, "Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble." 2 Peter 1:10


What have you embraced this month?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...